Configuring the Connector for Sitecore
2 minute read
You perform the following steps to configure your Connector installation:
- Configuring Content API URL.
- Configuring Your License ID and New Translation Providers. In a new Connector installation, you must enter your license ID and configure one or more translation providers.
- Configuring the Connector with the Azure App Service for Blue/Green Deployment. Required if you are installing the Connector on multiple Sitecore instances that have the same IP address.
- Configuring Content Encryption. Optional.
- Importing Content into a Local Translation Memory (TM). Required if you have a new Connector installation and you want to leverage previously translated content from your website.
- Configuring the Connector to Run in a Clustered Environment of Multiple Load-Balanced Sitecore Servers. Required only if you are using the Connector in a clustered environment of multiple load-balanced Sitecore servers.
- Configuring Network Settings for a Firewall. Optional.
- Configuring Global Translation Settings.
- Configuring fields in items that need translation. You do this in the Bulk Translation section of /sitecore/system/Settings/Lionbridge Settings/Lionbridge Connector Settings/ in the content tree, in the Content Editor. For detailed instructions, see Configuring Bulk Translation Settings in Sitecore.
- Configuring the Upload and Download Scheduled Tasks. Optional.
- Configuring the Sitecore Languages in the Sitecore Content Editor.
- Configuring the Translation Workflow.
- Filtering Fields in Items that Do Not Need Translation.
- Adding Purchase Order Numbers and Descriptions. Optional.
- Configuring Connector Roles and Adding Users.
- Configuring Team Profiles. Optional.
- Configuring How the Connector Handles Special Characters. Optional.
- Configuring the Behavior of the Send Dependent Items Check Box. Optional.
- Configuring the In-Context Preview Feature. Optional.