Preparing the Connector for Scheduled Tasks (Upgrade only from version 4.0.8 or lower)
2 minute read
Version 4.1.0 or higher of the Connector uses the Upload Schedule and Download Schedule Sitecore scheduled tasks to send content for translation to the Clay Tablet Platform and to retrieve translated content from there. These scheduled tasks replace the UploadService and DownloadService services, which were used in versions 4.0.8 and lower of the Connector.
Important: If you are upgrading from versions 4.0.8 or lower of the Connector to version 4.1.0 or higher, you must complete the following steps before installing the Connector package.
To prepare the Connector for scheduled tasks during an upgrade:
- In Sitecore 8.x, this file is in the following location: \Website\App_Config\Include.
- In Sitecore 9.x, this file is in the following location: \App_Config\Sitecore\CMS.Core.
- Locate the following section in the file:
<!-- An agent that processes scheduled tasks embedded as items in the master database. –>
<param desc=“schedule root”>/sitecore/system/tasks/schedules</param>
- Modify the run interval of the
Master_Database_Agent, bolded in the sample above, to the same or less than the interval previously configured for the UploadService and DownloadService services. For example, if the previously configured interval for these services was every two minutes (the Connector default setting), then change:
- Save your changes.
Website_root/Website/App_Config/Include/CT3Translation.configfor editing. Remove the entire <scheduling> section from the file. This step will prevent obsolete entries in the Connector log files. Save your changes.
Important notes about previous configurations of the Upload Service and Download Service in
CT3Translation.config in version 4.0.8 or lower of the Connector
- Polling interval: Any previous modifications to the default polling intervals of the Upload Service and Download Service in
CT3Translation.configare not automatically upgraded. To change the polling interval, you must configure the Upload Schedule and Download Schedule scheduled tasks in:
- /sitecore/system/Tasks/Schedules/Lionbridge/Download Schedule
- /sitecore/system/Tasks/Schedules/Lionbridge/Upload Schedule
For detailed instructions, see Modifying the Polling Interval of the Scheduled Tasks.
- Configuring the Connector to send all items in the Queue for translation: Any previous configuration in
CT3Translation.configto automatically send out items in the Translation Queue for translation is not automatically upgraded. You must configure the /sitecore/system/Tasks/Schedules/Lionbridge/Upload Schedule/Upload Service Options item to recreate this functionality. For detailed instructions, see Configuring the Connector to Send All Items in the Queue for Translation.