Before You Install
Before you begin to install the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore, please review the system requirements, described in System Requirements, and perform the following pre-installation procedures:
- Setting Your System Date, Time, and Time Zone Correctly.
- Downloading the Delivery Package. This describes the contents of the Connector delivery package Lionbridge sends you.
- Setting Up the Translation Database. This section includes information about database size requirements as well as detailed instructions for Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Preparing the Connector for Scheduled Tasks (Upgrade only from version 4.0.8 or lower). This is required only if upgrading from version 4.0.8 or lower of the Connector. This section includes required steps for upgrading from the UploadService and DownloadService services, which were used in versions 4.0.8 and lower of the Connector to the Upload Schedule and Download Schedule Sitecore scheduled tasks, supported in versions 4.1.0 and higher of the Connector.
- Setting Up Sitecore Reflection authorization for the connector methods. As from June 20, 2023. According to the security meassures applied by Sitecore, and described in the Security Bulletin SC2023-003-587441. Sitecore configuration requires adding an explicit list of the connector methods that are allowed to be invoked using reflection.