Using this Guide
3 minute read
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow (“Connector”) to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send ServiceNow items for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving content for translation that resides in your ServiceNow installation. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive content from your ServiceNow installation, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of ServiceNow.
- Your company has an account and credentials for the Clay Tablet.
- The Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow (“Connector”) has been implemented, configured, and tested on your ServiceNow installation.
If Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, it assumes that Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for your ServiceNow installation, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of the ServiceNow Content Editor.
- You are familiar with the basic concepts of the ServiceNow Workflow features. This is crucial, because workflow is a core concept required to use the Connector.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into ServiceNow.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s ServiceNow administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow||A brief description of the connector solution for ServiceNow and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow||How to get started and an overview of the Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow interface and key features.|
|Sending Content for Translation||How to create a job, add ServiceNow content to it, and send it out for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation States||How to monitor the translation state of jobs and content that you sent out for translation.|
|Reviewing, Approving, and Rejecting Translated Content||How to review translated content after it returns from the translation provider to ServiceNow.|
|Publishing Translated Content||How to publish translated content after it returns from the translation provider to ServiceNow.|
|Archiving and Unarchiving Jobs||How to perform post-translation tasks, including archiving and unarchiving jobs.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow
For information on installing and configuring the Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow, read the Lionbridge Connector for ServiceNow Installation and Configuration Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms to emphasize, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Navigate to Lionbridge Connector > Jobs > Create New.”|