Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce (“Connector”) version 3.0. This is Lionbridge’s connector for SAP Commerce and Hybris. The Connector enables you to automate sending and retrieving localized attributes in business objects, which dramatically reduces the effort required to create, maintain, and publish these items in multiple languages.
This the multi-page printable view of this section. Click here to print.
Welcome to the Connector
- 1: The Translation Lifecycle
- 2: How the Connector Helps You Manage Your Translation Lifecycle
- 3: Using this Guide
- 4: How to Contact Lionbridge Connector Support
1 - The Translation Lifecycle
The translation lifecycle is the broad process of selecting content, sending it out for translation, and then receiving the translated content back from translation.
This set of steps usually fits inside a larger, more general process called the content lifecycle, which is the process of creating, reviewing, editing, approving, and publishing content.
When you consider the translation lifecycle and the content lifecycle together, you have the global content value chain, which is the strategy for managing multilingual content.
Remember that localizing content is a subset of steps in the broader content lifecycle. This will improve your focus on key localization considerations, improve processes, and keep all content stakeholders included. Together, this results in better content management.
2 - How the Connector Helps You Manage Your Translation Lifecycle
The Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce (“Connector”) is a plug-in module for Hybris, SAP Commerce, and SAP Commerce Cloud. It provides a range of features and user interface enhancements that enable you to select, send, monitor, and retrieve content for translation into any supported language.
These features automate the process, which dramatically reduces the effort and time required to export and re-import content that needs to be localized. This is very helpful when translating large volumes of content or ensuring that translated content is quickly re-imported to meet deadlines.
When you use the Connector, you manage your translation lifecycle entirely from within Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud (“e-commerce platform”):
- The Connector exports your content from the e-commerce platform in XML format and delivers these content files to the central, hosted Lionbridge Content API Platform.
- The Lionbridge Content API Platform delivers your content to your translation providers, based on routing rules that your company chooses and the Lionbridge Connector Team implements.
- When the translated content is ready, the Lionbridge Content API Platform retrieves it from your translators and delivers it to the Connector.
- The Connector automatically re-imports the content into the correct location in the e-commerce platform.
You can then review, revise, reject, or publish the translated content as needed.
Note: Neither the Connector nor the Lionbridge Content API Platform performs any translation. Similarly, the Lionbridge Connector Team does not provide any translation services. Your company chooses the translation provider that performs the translation.
3 - Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Connector (“Connector”) for SAP Commerce to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out localized strings in certain business objects for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving business objects for translation. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive business objects from your Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud installation, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud.
- The Connector has been installed, configured, and tested on your Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud instance.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Lionbridge Content API Platform to send localized strings in certain business objects to your translation providers.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud, particularly the following modules:
- Hybris Backoffice
- Hybris Product Cockpit and/or Hybris WCMS Cockpit (Hybris versions 6.1 to 6.6 only)
- SAP Commerce or SAP Commerce Cloud Administration Cockpit
- You have valid user credentials to log into the Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud modules listed above.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce||A brief description of the Lionbridge Connector solution for Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce||How to get started and an overview of the Connector interface and key features.|
|Sending Content for Translation||How to send out content for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation Status||How to monitor the translation status of content items and translation jobs.|
|Viewing Translated Content||How to view translated content.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce
For information on installing and configuring the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce, read the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce Installation and Configuration Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select Catalog > Products.”|