Configuring Translation Settings
3 minute read
In the Translation Settings section of the System Configuration page, you configure the following settings:
- the maximum number of items in a translation file
- how frequently to download and import translations
- whether you can receive revisions of translated content, which determines whether approval is required for a job
To configure translation settings:
Open the System Configuration page. For detailed instructions, see Configuring the Lionbridge Connector.
Locate the Translation Settings section of the System Configuration page.
Tip: Depending on your screen size and resolution, you may need to scroll down to view this section.
- Configure any of the following settings:
|Maximum number of items per translation file||This setting enables you to configure the maximum number of items in a translation file generated by the Connector. An item is an asset that is being translated into a specific target language.
For example, suppose you are translating 150 assets from one source language into three target languages. If you use the default value of 100, then for each language pair, there are 2 translation files, and there are a total of 6 generated files.
By default, the maximum number of items that the Connector sends out for translation in a single translation file is 100. You can change this number by selecting one of the following numbers instead: 150, 200, or 250.
|Cron Job Interval (Minutes)||This setting enables you to configure how frequently to download and import translations.
The ctPerformable CronJob automatically downloads and imports translations from the Lionbridge Content API Platform into Hybris. By default, this CronJob runs once every minute.
This CronJob consumes resources such as memory space, network bandwidth, and database connections. Therefore, by design, the CronJob is active only when required, which is when the Connector submits a translation job and expects translated content to return from the Lionbridge Content API Platform. When the CronJob is active, it polls the Lionbridge Content API Platform to update the job status and retrieve any translated content.
At the start of each interval, the CronJob checks whether it is required to remain active. If it is not required, it de-activates internally. It automatically re-activates when there is a job to retrieve.
You can change this interval so that the CronJob runs every 5 or 10 minutes.
Note: If the Lionbridge Content API Platform is waiting for a message about translated content for a submitted job, and a network outage prevents this message from being delivered, the CronJob keeps polling the Lionbridge Content API Platform until the job is manually stopped.
Tip: You can temporarily prevent this job from running and consuming resources, for example, if you are not currently sending out content items for translation. For detailed instructions, refer to the appropriate version of the Hybris documentation at https://wiki.hybris.com.
|Enable multiple deliveries||This optional setting enables receiving revisions of translated content and requires approval for received translations.
* If this check box is selected:
* In the **Translation Status** column of the **Translation Jobs** page:
* The status of delivered projects is Reviewing Translation.
* The **Approve** button is displayed.
* You can click the **Approve** button to mark the job as complete, which prevents any re-deliveries.
* Multiple re-deliveries are allowed and processed into SAP Commerce until clicking the **Approve** button in the **Translation Jobs** page, which marks the job as complete.
* If this check box is cleared (the default setting):
* In the **Translation Status** column of the **Translation Jobs** page, the status of delivered projects is Completed.
* There is no approval step.
* Multiple re-deliveries are not supported.
- Click Save Translation Settings.
Note: Saving these settings creates and registers the ctPerformable CronJob with the interval you specified.