Welcome to the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua (App) version 2.1.1. The App is an Eloqua plug-in. It enables you to automate sending and retrieving assets from Oracle Eloqua for translation, which dramatically reduces the effort required to plan and execute successful multilingual campaigns.
This the multi-page printable view of this section. Click here to print.
Welcome to the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua
- 1: Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
- 2: How the Lionbridge App Helps You Manage Your Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
- 3: Using this Guide
- 4: How to Contact Lionbridge Connector Support
1 - Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
The multilingual marketing lifecycle is the broad process of selecting marketing content and campaign assets, sending them out for translation, and then receiving the translated content back from the translation provider.
This set of steps usually fits inside a larger, more general process called the content lifecycle, which is the process of creating, reviewing, editing, approving, and publishing content.
Together, this enhances your focus on key localization considerations, improves workflows, and keeps all content stakeholders involved. Combined, this creates your Global Content Marketing strategy, which is used to engage customers in every region you do business.
2 - How the Lionbridge App Helps You Manage Your Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
The Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua (App) is a plug-in module for Eloqua. It provides a range of features and user interface enhancements in Oracle Eloqua that enable you to select, send, monitor, and retrieve content for translation into any language Oracle Eloqua supports.
These features automate the process, which dramatically reduces the effort and time required to export and re-import content that needs to be localized. This is very helpful when translating large volumes of content or ensuring that translated content is quickly re-imported to meet deadlines.
When you use the Lionbridge App, you manage your multilingual marketing lifecycle entirely from within Oracle Eloqua:
- The Lionbridge App exports your content from Oracle Eloqua in XML format and delivers these content files to the Clay Tablet.
- The Clay Tablet delivers your content to your translation providers, based on routing rules that your company chooses and the Lionbridge Connector Team implements.
- When the translated content is ready, the Clay Tablet retrieves it from your translators and delivers it to the Lionbridge App.
- The Lionbridge App automatically re-imports the content into the correct location in Oracle Eloqua.
You can then review, revise, reject, or approve the translated content as needed.
Note: Neither the Lionbridge App nor the Clay Tablet performs any translation. Similarly, the Lionbridge Connector Team does not provide any translation services. Your company chooses the translation provider that performs the translation.
3 - Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua (App) to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out assets for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving assets for translation that reside in Oracle Eloqua. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive content for translation from Oracle Eloqua, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already is using Oracle Eloqua.
- The Lionbridge App has been registered, configured, and tested in your Oracle Eloqua environment.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Lionbridge CloudBroker for your company to use the Lionbridge App to send out content for translation from Oracle Eloqua.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Clay Tablet to send content to your translation providers.
- Optional. Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, and Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Lionbridge App’s configuration for Oracle Eloqua, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Oracle Eloqua.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Oracle Eloqua.
- You have the required permissions to access the Lionbridge App functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Lionbridge App setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Oracle Eloqua administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua||A brief description of the Lionbridge solution for Eloqua and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Team Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua||How to get started and an overview of the Lionbridge App interface.|
|Collecting Assets for Translation||How to collect Oracle Eloqua assets for translation.|
|Sending Assets for Translation||How to send out collected Oracle Eloqua assets for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation Status||How to monitor the translation status of assets and jobs that you sent out for translation, including archiving completed translation jobs.|
|Reviewing Translated Content||How to view and download translated assets.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua
For information on setting up the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua, read the Lionbridge App for Oracle Eloqua Setup Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select Assets > Landing Pages.”|