Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes everything you need to know to install and configure the Lionbridge Connector (Connector) for Optimizely. It describes the delivery package contents, system requirements, installation instructions, and configuration procedures.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving assets for translation that reside in your Optimizely instance. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive assets from your Optimizely instance, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Optimizely.
- The Connector has been installed, configured, and tested on your Optimizely instance.
- The Lionbridge Connectors team has set up the Lionbridge Content API Platform to send assets to your translation providers.
- Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, and Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for your Optimizely instance, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Optimizely.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Optimizely.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Optimizely administrator.
How this guide is organized
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely
|A brief description of the Lionbridge for Optimizely solution and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and the Lionbridge Connector Team Support contact information.
|Getting Started with the Connector for Optimizely
|How to get started and an overview of the Connector interface and key features.
|Sending Assets for Translation
|How to create or edit a translation project, add assets to it, and send it out for translation. How to cancel a translation project in progress.
|Monitoring Translation Status
|How to monitor the status of translation projects and individual assets.
|How to perform post-translation tasks, including:
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely
For information on using the Lionbridge Connector to send and receive content for translation from Optimizely, read the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely User Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.
|Highlights input, file names, and paths.
|Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.
|Indicates a menu choice. For example, Select Edit > Select All.