Welcome to the Connector
Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely
Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely (Connector). The Connector enables you to automate sending and retrieving assets from Optimizely, which dramatically reduces the effort required to create, maintain, and publish Web content in multiple languages.
1 - How the Connector Helps You Manage Your Translation Lifecycle
The Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely (Connector) is a plug-in module for Optimizely. It provides a range of features and user interface enhancements in Optimizely that enable you to select, send, monitor, and retrieve assets for translation into any language Optimizely supports.
These features automate the process, which dramatically reduces the effort and time required to export and re-import assets that need to be localized. This is very helpful when translating many assets or ensuring that translated assets are quickly re-imported to meet deadlines.
When you use the Connector, you manage your translation lifecycle entirely from within Optimizely:
- The Connector exports your assets from Optimizely in XML format and delivers these content files to the Lionbridge Content API Platform.
- The Lionbridge Content API Platform delivers your content files to your translation providers, based on routing rules that your company chooses and the Lionbridge Connector Team implements.
- When the translated content is ready, the Lionbridge Content API Platform retrieves it from your translators and delivers it to the Connector.
- The Connector automatically imports the translated assets into the correct location in Optimizely.
You can then review, revise, reject, or publish the translated assets as needed.
2 - The Translation Lifecycle
The Translation Lifecycle
The translation lifecycle is the broad process of selecting content, sending it out for translation, and then receiving the translated content back from translation.
This set of steps usually fits inside a larger, more general process called the content lifecycle, which is the process of creating, reviewing, editing, approving, and publishing content.
When you consider the translation lifecycle and the content lifecycle together, you have the global content value chain, which is the strategy for managing multilingual content.
Remember that localizing content is a subset of steps in the broader content lifecycle. This will improve your focus on key localization considerations, improve processes, and keep all content stakeholders included. Together, this results in better content management.
3 - How the Connector Works with Optimizely
The Lionbridge Connector (“Connector”) is an important part of the Content API translation solution.
The Connector is installed on your system as an add-in to Optimizely, through a NuGet installation package. Its functionality is displayed to the users as part of Optimizely.
Your translation systems architecture might look like the configuration above. It may have additional content systems or translation providers, but the core concepts remain the same. During implementation, the Lionbridge Connectors team works with you and your translation providers to configure and test the other elements of your translation solution, which are the Content API Platform’s connections to your translation providers' systems.
4 - Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes everything you need to know to install and configure the Lionbridge Connector (Connector) for Optimizely. It describes the delivery package contents, system requirements, installation instructions, and configuration procedures.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving assets for translation that reside in your Optimizely instance. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive assets from your Optimizely instance, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Optimizely.
- The Connector has been installed, configured, and tested on your Optimizely instance.
- The Lionbridge Connectors team has set up the Lionbridge Content API Platform to send assets to your translation providers.
- Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, and Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for your Optimizely instance, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Optimizely.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Optimizely.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Optimizely administrator.
How this guide is organized
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely
||A brief description of the Lionbridge for Optimizely solution and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and the Lionbridge Connector Team Support contact information.
|Getting Started with the Connector for Optimizely
||How to get started and an overview of the Connector interface and key features.
|Sending Assets for Translation
||How to create or edit a translation project, add assets to it, and send it out for translation. How to cancel a translation project in progress.
|Monitoring Translation Status
||How to monitor the status of translation projects and individual assets.
||How to perform post-translation tasks, including:
- importing translated assets into Optimizely
- review translated assets
- publishing translated assets
- archiving and unarchiving translation projects
- removing translation projects from the Connector
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely
For information on using the Lionbridge Connector to send and receive content for translation from Optimizely, read the Lionbridge Connector for Optimizely User Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.
||Highlights input, file names, and paths.
||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.
||Indicates a menu choice. For example, Select Edit > Select All.