Welcome to the Lionbridge App for Marketo (Lionbridge App) version 2.1.0. The Lionbridge App is a Marketo plug-in, and it runs as a Marketo LaunchPoint Service. It enables you to automate sending and retrieving assets from Marketo for translation, which dramatically reduces the effort required to create, maintain, and publish Web content in multiple languages.
This the multi-page printable view of this section. Click here to print.
Welcome to the Lionbridge App for Marketo
- 1: The Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
- 2: How the Lionbridge App Helps You Manage Your Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
- 3: Using this Guide
- 4: How to Contact Lionbridge Connector Support
1 - The Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
The multilingual marketing lifecycle is the broad process of selecting marketing content and campaign assets, sending them out for translation, and then receiving the translated content back from the translation provider.
This set of steps usually fits inside a larger, more general process called the content lifecycle, which is the process of creating, reviewing, editing, approving, and publishing content.
Together, this enhances your focus on key localization considerations, improves workflows, and keeps all content stakeholders involved. Combined, this creates your Global Content Marketing strategy, which is used to engage customers in every region you do business.
2 - How the Lionbridge App Helps You Manage Your Multilingual Marketing Lifecycle
The Lionbridge App for Marketo (Lionbridge App) is a plug-in module for Marketo. It provides a range of features and user interface enhancements that enable you to select, send, monitor, and retrieve content for translation into any language.
These features automate the process, which dramatically reduces the effort and time required to export and re-import content that needs to be localized. This is very helpful when translating large volumes of content or ensuring that translated content is quickly re-imported to meet deadlines.
You manage your multilingual marketing lifecycle entirely from within the Lionbridge App:
- The Lionbridge App exports your content from Marketo in XML format and delivers these content files to the Clay Tablet.
- The Clay Tablet delivers your content to your translation providers, based on routing rules that your company chooses and the Lionbridge Connector Team implements.
- When the translated content is ready, the Clay Tablet retrieves it from your translators and delivers it to the Lionbridge App.
- The Lionbridge App automatically re-imports the content into the correct location in Marketo.
You can then review, revise, reject, or publish the translated content as needed.
Note: Neither the Lionbridge App nor the Clay Tablet performs any translation. Similarly, the Lionbridge Connector Team does not provide any translation services. Your company chooses the translation provider that performs the translation.
3 - Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge App for Marketo (Lionbridge App) to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out assets for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving assets for translation that reside in Marketo. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive content for translation from Marketo, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already is using Marketo.
- The Lionbridge App has been added, configured, and tested in your Marketo environment.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Lionbridge CloudBroker for your company to use the Lionbridge App to send out content for translation from Marketo.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Clay Tablet Platform to send content to your translation providers.
- Optional. If Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, then Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Lionbridge App’s configuration for Marketo, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Marketo.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Marketo.
- You have valid user credentials to access the Lionbridge App functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Lionbridge App setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Marketo administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge App for Marketo||A brief description of the Clay Tablet solution for Marketo and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge App for Marketo||How to get started and an overview of the Lionbridge App interface.|
|Preparing Emails for Translation||How to add segmentation to emails within Marketo.|
|Collecting Assets for Translation||How to collect Marketo assets for translation.|
|Sending Assets for Translation||How to send out collected Marketo assets for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation Status||How to monitor the translation status of assets and jobs that you sent out for translation, including archiving completed translation jobs.|
|Reviewing Translated Content||How to view translated assets.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge App for Marketo
For information on setting up the Lionbridge App for Marketo, read the Lionbridge App for Marketo Setup Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select New > New Campaign Folder.”|