Monitoring Translation Job Details
5 minute read
You monitor the status of individual items within a translation job in the Translation Jobs tab.
To monitor translation status:
Sign in to the Lionbridge App. For details, see Getting Started with the Lionbridge App for Marketo.
In the Lionbridge App for Marketo menu on the left, click Translation Jobs.
The Translation Jobs tab opens. For detailed information about this tab, see Monitoring Translation Jobs.
- In the Job Name column, click the name link for the job whose details you want to view.
The Job Details tab opens.
You use this tab to view detailed information about the assets in a translation job.
The bottom-left corner below the list displays the number of items displayed on the current page and the total number of items in the job.
Note: There is a separate item for each source and target language pair. For example, if you created a job that sends out a single asset for translation from English to both French and German, then these are two separate items in this tab: English to French, and English to German.
By default, the items are sorted in alphabetical order by the Item Name column.
The tab displays the following information about all the assets in this job:
|Item Name||The Lionbridge App’s name for the asset in Marketo.|
|Source Language||The language code of the source language of the asset sent for translation.
Tip: To view the source asset in Marketo, click the link.
|Target Language||The language code of the target language into which to translate the asset.
Tip: To view the translated asset in Marketo, click the link. This link is available only if the asset was translated.
|Status||The translation status of the item. For a list and description of translation statuses, see Translation Statuses.
Notes: If the status is Failed, you can click the Reload icon to retry the step where the Lionbridge App failed. If the item has an error, including Failed status, you can hover over the Error icon to view information about the type of error. If the error is resolved and the item is processed normally, the error icon is no longer displayed.
|Words||The number of words in the asset.|
|Last Updated||The date and time when this job was last updated, in the following format: YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss AM/PM. Updates include activities such as preparing to send out the job for translation and status changes.|
|Asset Type||The type of asset in Marketo.|
|Asset ID||Marketo’s unique identifier for this asset, for example, the snippet ID or the email ID.|
- Optional. You can do one or more of the following to facilitate displaying the items you want to see in this tab:
- You can specify how many items to display in a page. Above the top-left corner of the list, select the number to display from the Show X Entries list.
- In the Display dropdown list, you can specify which type of items to view:
- Select Failed items to view only assets for which the Lionbridge App failed to complete a step after 10 attempts. The Lionbridge App does not retry the failed step unless you click the Reload icon in the Status column, described above.
- Select Completed items to view all translated items that the Lionbridge App has re-imported into Marketo.
- Select Incomplete items to view only assets that the Lionbridge App has not yet re-imported into Marketo. Usually these are assets that are currently in translation, or that were just recently received back from translation and that the Lionbridge App is trying to re-import into Marketo.
Then click Refresh. (By default, all types of items are displayed.)
- To update the displayed jobs, click Refresh.
- You can use the Search box above the top-right corner of the list to search for a specific item in the list or to filter the list. As you type into the Search box, the Lionbridge App automatically searches for matches across all columns and displays only the matching columns.
Note: The search feature filters all items in the tab, not only those displayed on the current page.
- If there are many items in this tab, it may have multiple pages. The navigation bar below the list helps you navigate through the pages and displays your position in the tab. Click Previous Page, Next Page, or a page number to navigate to the corresponding page.
- To sort the items in the tab by a different column, click the corresponding column header.
- To reverse the sort order of a column, click the column header.
- Optional. You can perform the following actions on items in a job:
- To view the source version of the asset in Marketo, click the link for an asset in the Source Language column.
Marketo opens in a new browser tab, displaying the asset in its source language.
- If the asset has Completed status, you can view the target (translated) version in Marketo. Click the link for an asset in the Target Language column.
Marketo opens in a new browser tab, displaying the translated asset.
- To close the Job Details tab and return to the Translation Jobs tab, click Close.