Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Connector (Connector) for Episerver to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out assets from Episerver for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving assets for translation that reside in your Episerver instance. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive assets from your Episerver instance, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Episerver.
- The Connector has been installed, configured, and tested on your Episerver instance.
- The Lionbridge Connectors team has set up the Clay Tablet Platform to send assets to your translation providers.
- Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, and Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for your Episerver instance, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Episerver.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Episerver.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Episerver administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for Episerver||A brief description of the Lionbridge for Episerver solution and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and the Lionbridge Connector Team Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Connector for Episerver||How to get started and an overview of the Connector interface and key features.|
|Sending Assets for Translation||How to create or edit a translation project, add assets to it, and send it out for translation. How to cancel a translation project in progress.|
|Monitoring Translation Status||How to monitor the status of translation projects and individual assets.|
|Post-Translation Features||How to perform post-translation tasks, including:
* importing translated assets into Episerver
* review translated assets
* publishing translated assets
* archiving and unarchiving translation projects
* removing translation projects from the Connector
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for Episerver
For information on installing and configuring the Lionbridge Connector for Episerver, read the Lionbridge Connector for Episerver Installation and Configuration Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select Edit> Select All.”|